photo of Sherry Steele Roth Sherry Steele Roth

On receiving my MBA from Penn State, I worked at Owens Corning as a decision support analyst, promoted to senior systems analyst for eight years. After raising my family, I returned to full-time work in University Libraries at Penn State, starting as evening supervisor of Earth and Mineral Sciences Library, moving to supervising Collection Maintenance, then managing the Maps Library, and ultimately managing the much larger and heavily used Life Sciences Library. While working in the Maps Library, I became interested in Geographic Information Systems and how this discipline might best serve academic libraries, and I completed the master’s program, graduating May 8, 2016. I have presented portions of my master’s thesis research, Geovisualizing Collections of Penn State University Libraries, at the 2015 SirsiDynix Northeast Regional Users Group (SNRG) Conference, the 2015 Pennsylvania Libraries Annual Conference, and the 2016 University of Alabama Digitorium Conference. I currently serve on the Dean’s Staff Advisory Council, the Blue Cloud Analytics Expert Team, the Data Visualization team, among many other committees within University Libraries.

Related Sessions

View full schedule