Sponsored by Google
Have a quick tip or exciting last-minute news to share at LITA Forum? Consider signing up for a 5-minute lightning session spot!
Lightning sessions are scheduled for November 11 from 1:20-2:20 and participants will get 5 minutes to explore their topic in front of the excited, edge-of-their-seat crowd.
Interested? Please read the info below and fill out the participation form. Forum committee members will contact you to confirm that your lightning session is approved & follows our very reasonable guidelines (below).
Lightning Session Participation Form
Lightning Rounds should…
- Be concise. Make sure you are not trying to fit a full length session into a lightning round without adapting it.
- Be practiced. We want to learn but it helps if you know you can get all the info into the short time. Do a run through so we don’t miss then ending!
- Be fun. Lightning talks are all about sharing new and exciting things. Show your passion!
Lightning Rounds should NOT…
- Be advertisements. Covering a new product or showing a how-to is fine but please avoid selling or directly promoting products from your organization.
- Be continuations of a session you presented earlier that you did not have time to finish.
- Have 50 slides. Actually, no slides at all are fine but if you have them, a few is probably all you will have time for.
Here are some general tips on creating good lightning sessions:
16 Ways to Prepare for a Lightning Talk
So You want to Give a Lightning Talk